Welcome guest, please Login or Register

You are here: HomeForum Home → Oracle Primavera → New Primavera → Thread

Duplicate ID

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 2954

Joined 2013-03-21

PM

My question is in regards to converting the xer file to text.  During conversion, using ‘XERP330Convert’, a ‘Duplicate Activity ID’ is found so the action is halted. I triple checked and there is no duplication, and when I rename the ID the same message comes up with the name that I changed it to.  Thank you for any help you can offer.

Joined 2013-03-21

PM

I have found myself chasing one ‘duplicate activity’ after another. 5 total now, but no end is in sight. All but 1 have cost related to them, but they are very basic and not that complex. I don’t want to redo the entire schedule, when even that is not a guarantee to fix anything. 
Please respond if this has happened to you and you can tell me what box I need to check or whatever. I am grateful for whatever help you can offer.
Thank you.

Joined 2013-03-21

PM

Answer found: http://demo.evanstech.com/Docs/P6_v6.1/English/Technical Documentation/SDEF/SDEF.pdf

Activity IDs: The SDEF standard does not support activity IDs longer than ten characters, while P6 projects may contain activity IDs longer than ten characters. Activity IDs are truncated to the first ten characters when converting a P6 project to SDEF. Due to this truncation, it is possible that duplicate activity IDs will be encountered during the conversion; if so, the conversion is aborted. To ensure that conversions to SDEF are not aborted, P6 projects should not contain activity IDs longer than ten characters. If activity IDs must be longer than ten characters in P6, the first ten characters must be unique.

Total Posts: 4347

Joined 2013-03-18

PM

I bet you have activities that are longer than 10 characters in P6 example in P6 you have activity id #1234567890 (10 characters) and you have activity # 12345678901 (which is 11 characters)  agreed these are two different numbers however P3 can only handle 10 characters in its activity # so the last activity number 12345678901 get truncated to 1234567890 which you already have. Hence the conversion stops due to duplicate activity numbers.   

Signature

The Dr. House of Scheduling

Total Posts: 4347

Joined 2013-03-18

PM

export all activity numbers to an excel file and send it to me.  Lets look at this and see if we can do a global change to your activity id #s to speed this process up zoltan.palffy@mcdean.com

Signature

The Dr. House of Scheduling